Discuss Magnabooster 2 vs Magnaclean vs Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ichilton

Hi,

From other places i've read, the Magnabooster 2 seems to be the favourite - is that true?

Which would people recommend?

Thanks,

Ian

I would recommend the Sentinel System Filter. It's essentially a Spyrotec unit but much cheaper. Solid brass instead of plastic and much easier to maintain. I get mine out the merchant for similar price to Magnaclean/TF1 but much more solid product.

I like the look of the spirotech and the sentinel units. Is it me or do all of these magnetic filter systems seem expensive for what they are?

yours, tight as a ducks ar*e

Paul

Personally, for all it's faults and build quality, i think the magnaclean does the best job.

i have only ever used magna clean,how do you clean the spirotech?it looks more durable

It is cleaned by doing a blowdown through a drain valve. Can be done quickly. All brass build.

IMO the spirotech capacity is rubbish compared to the magnclean, only problem with the magnaclean is the o-ring (red on) tends to go within a year causing it to leak out of the cap, i believe this issue was addressed by adey though!

The TF1 is a decent unit, I've switched to fitting these (used to use Magnaclean) and not had any problems. Really surprised how much muck it removes including bits of flux and solder. The magnacleans are good but often leak from lid.

How much room would you say you need to operate the TF1? I think they measure 300mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnabooster 2 vs Magnaclean vs Fernox TF1? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock