Search the forum,

Discuss Magnaclean or TF1 plus fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayjay

Hi,
I’m thinking a fitting a Magnaclean or TF1 compact, and can’t decide which filter is the best one to install, so I would welcome any comments. I also have a problem with fitting it to the return as boiler only has a couple of inches clearance nowhere near enough room to install one not even a TF1 compact. The most room I have is in the upstairs airing cupboard on flow just before the pump and TRV. I understand this is not an ideal position as anything in system has already passed through the boiler. My thoughts are although this is not best position, any filter fitted to my system has to be better than no filter at all. I would welcome any advice.
Thanks to all.
:45:

Hi,
I’m thinking a fitting a Magnaclean or TF1 compact, and can’t decide which filter is the best one to install, so I would welcome any comments. I also have a problem with fitting it to the return as boiler only has a couple of inches clearance nowhere near enough room to install one not even a TF1 compact. The most room I have is in the upstairs airing cupboard on flow just before the pump and TRV. I understand this is not an ideal position as anything in system has already passed through the boiler. My thoughts are although this is not best position, any filter fitted to my system has to be better than no filter at all. I would welcome any advice.
Thanks to all.
:45:
No its either before the boiler or its not. Yes you will filter muck out of your system but only if it didnt get stuck in the boiler first which is exactly what you need to prevent. In my oppinion no point unless its on the primary return before the boiler. Perhaps you could alter the pipework in the airing cupboard? likely bringing the combined return (the return pipe from the radiators after the cylinder return has been t'd in) above the floor boards.

Oh and I would always opt for a magnaclean over a tf1.

There is a new mag and non mag filter by Eclipse who produce super industrial
filters - its in line and quite dinky but very strong it could fit where others do no
and I had a hand in its development years ago. CHKing

On the flow is fine. The crap is already in your system so beleive it or not it has already been through your boiler hundreds of times. Once more wont hurt, and the filters dont catch everything first time anyway.

change the pipe work?. dont have to be bear the boiler and one i did last year was 20' away as thats the only place it could go..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean or TF1 plus fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock