Currently reading:
Magnaclean versus TF1

Discuss Magnaclean versus TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

I looked at a job this morning, very nice job too, customer has a Halstead Ace combi that needs replacing.

I'm thinking of fitting a Magnaclean or a Fernox TF1 for the usual reasons. Has anyone an opinion on these units?

Dave

I only really considered those two because they were the units displayed at my local merchants.

I'm open minded, just would like to use the best unit for the job TBH.

Originally fitted magnacleans to all replacements. Wasn't happy with the angle they sat at when retro fitting to existing horizontal/vertical pipe work. Air pocket!

Earlier model wouldn't deal with non-magnetic crud so on servicing this had to be cleaned out of the bottom of the pot.

TF1 better IMO, threaded ball type "drain cock" at bottom, drop crud straight into bucket or attach hose with 3/4 bib tap fitting if preferred.

Various seals and washers in box to suit most installation angles. Feedback from customers who have 'emptied' them positive too.

If I run into Fernox rep he will bundle cleanser and inhibitor with filter.

Never fitted Spirotrap, but I would go for Magnaclean, depends on space, pipes arrangements etc. TF1 is not bad at all, its just my preference to use magnaclean ;)

do a search on here its been debated many,many,many,many,many,times

I've got three to choose from now Gasman, that'll do me, life's too short for a debate.
Thanks All :)

I prefer the MB3 as it is a solid brass body. In terms of choosing between the Magnaclean and TF1, all the plumbers I have spoken to recently seem to prefer the TF1. It is easier for the end user to drain the magnetite/sludge out with the TF1. I think the only thing to be aware of are the different seals depending on the orientation it is fitted in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnaclean all the way!

So long as you have enough space to isolate it/remove the 'inners' to clean and add chemicals then IMO there definately the better option

And if its only a small system you could use one of the mini magna cleans to save space as the TF1 are normally quite bulcky

Must say I that I thought the TF1 a nit bulky.
And being an old git I'm swaying towards brass bodied.

I personally prefer the magnaclean as you can have a good look at what they've removed when you clean them.

TF1, get the installers pack and you get your Fernox F3 and F1 express in with it for an extra £15. Plus its easier to fit on pipework than the magnaclean, easier to clean out and I have not had one leak on me yet unlike a fair few magnacleans.

True statement, and magnacleans are by far superior against others - the magnet size is bigger for a start.

Yeah but it's getting smaller.

Adey are in the process of reducing the size of the magnets throughout the Magnaclean range.

They say it's to increase the capacity of the container. I think it's cost cutting as the magnet is the most significant cost of the unit.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Your bang on Anz, I bought one two weeks ago and when I took it out of the box I couldnt believe they had swapped the big magnet out for something as thin as a pencil, cheeky gits. took it back and demanded an old unit but hargreaves didnt have one.

The TF1 is made by Fernox and is much better than the magnaclean.
i have fitted about 60 TF1,s now and I have only had 2 faulty ones.
when we fitted magnacleans we had loads of problems.
the new spirotech mb3 looks quite good but I haven't fitted one yet.

I am about to launch a new magnetic and non magnetic , similar to magnaclean and fernox tf1 , but cannot think of a good name

I am about to launch a new magnetic and non magnetic , similar to magnaclean and fernox tf1 , but cannot think of a good name
Might be an idea to give some of the boys here one and then we can see how good they are.
what price will you be selling them at.

I will be selling this filter to the merchants , depending on quantity £37 to £46 + vat .
We have shown our prototype to James Hargreaves plumbers merchants and they are interested. Also BES ,the online plumbing suppliers are wanting to take 1000 units as a trial order.
I have another boiler spares company , I import thermisters , safety relief valves , diapharagms , repair kits , fans etc. we distribute these products throughout the uk to independent boiler spares merchants.
All I am going to do is distribute them via our boiler spares company and all the boiler spares merchants will have them and then the likes of the big fish , like wolesley or travis perkins will be knocking on my door .
Look out for a company called trappex ltd . Our launch will be on the 1st of november 2012 .
Any enquires [email protected] or phone me on 07710230494 for any information.
Might be an idea to give some of the boys here one and then we can see how good they are.
what price will you be selling them at.

With the greatest of respect BSpare, do you not think that companies the size of Hargreaves and TP would just go directly to source if they found out you were simply a distributor? Bearing in mind Wolseley have the power to order 1000 at a time and stick them into stock, I think your supplier might just say hang on were in bed with the wrong company here.

When I was in Beijing two years back I was offered a spirovent (for trademark reasons obviously wasnt a spirovent) for £8 per unit and that wasnt even based on me ordering any significant volume, suprisingly no one would touch them with a barge pole based on that should something go wrong with a magnaclean or TF1 you know there is a huge company behind them to come out and fix/replace the unit and cover any costs associated from potential carpet damage etc. In your case should one filter bring down a ceiling, you will be liable for paying for the damage.

I don't want to put the dampners on you too much mate but Ive seen people fall at similar hurdles with other products and its cost them their original, profitable, business just to pay off the debts associated with bringing a product to market. Do yourself a favour and call Chris Adey or Fernox and ask them if they think it will work before risking your career on something.

With the greatest of respect BSpare, do you not think that companies the size of Hargreaves and TP would just go directly to source if they found out you were simply a distributor? Bearing in mind Wolseley have the power to order 1000 at a time and stick them into stock, I think your supplier might just say hang on were in bed with the wrong company here.

When I was in Beijing two years back I was offered a spirovent (for trademark reasons obviously wasnt a spirovent) for £8 per unit and that wasnt even based on me ordering any significant volume, suprisingly no one would touch them with a barge pole based on that should something go wrong with a magnaclean or TF1 you know there is a huge company behind them to come out and fix/replace the unit and cover any costs associated from potential carpet damage etc. In your case should one filter bring down a ceiling, you will be liable for paying for the damage.

I don't want to put the dampners on you too much mate but Ive seen people fall at similar hurdles with other products and its cost them their original, profitable, business just to pay off the debts associated with bringing a product to market. Do yourself a favour and call Chris Adey or Fernox and ask them if they think it will work before risking your career on something.
Thank you for your opinion , I am not a distributor , buying from china . i have invented and patented this product .
This product will be made in huddersfield
I have pressure tested and temperature tested this product before going and showing this to a plumbers merchant.
I pitched this product to bes and james hargreaves , i took along a fernox tf1 and magnaclean , i should them there weakness and flaws , in return, i have capitaiised on this.
In fact if somebody did copy my patented design , i would love that ,opportunity to sue and make money.

Haha I like it, in that case my friend, the very best of British to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean versus TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock