Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Magnetic filter in brand new system? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Is it necessary to install a magnetic filter on a brand new CH system? (system boiler, UVHWS, rads, towel rails, UFH).

If yes which brand do you recommend - there's load's on the market these days??

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would say Yes it is, I would fit an ADEY magnacleanse pro2 filter and add some MC1 into the system at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

theres two arguments

one if you clean the system properly and good so nothing is left and make sure the water quality is within parameters then you wont need one

two what happens in5 years when the system isnt checked / serviced so water quality goes sideways etc it will protect the system

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

I would never fit a new system without advising protection through filtration, simple but effective the magnets are and worth there weight in gold lol,,, Me personally I like Adey also, To me most others are copies, Magnaclean,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Its now the norm to fit some sort of magnetic filter to a new heating system often it will add extra warranty to the boiler. Magnaclean is a good choice , but i have been using the new Fernox Omega all brass filter which are more compact and look better . cheers kop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaksimsK

MaksimsK GSR

Totally agree. My position, you need Adey PRO2 MagnaClean (or similar) no matter it's a new or old system.

• Like Like x 1
  7. quality

quality Plumber GSR

gloworm hideaway with non convector rads and used loads of gas would last 30 + years compared to what we all fit now. But yes Mag filter on every system

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

If you like the brass filters look into the spirotech I like them very much especially with those SpiroVent for those microbubbles built over the time due to chemicals.

9. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Plumber

Any comments as to the Instinct filter (made by Intatec I believe)?

10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Never fitted one and to be honest probably wouldn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

If the System is cleaned of all flux and debris then no.

I can only speak of our experience in our part of the Country, with our water of course.

I would use Fernox inhibitor once it is clean. After that, providing you don't lose water it should stay clean.