Search the forum,

Discuss Main combi eco30 pressure fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all,

I have been having some issues intermitently with my own boiler, if left off sometimes over night the pressure gauge drops just below the .5 bar mark, the boiler then wont fire up.

Commence the topping up via filling loop into green zone around 1 bar (cold) and once boiler gets up to working temp it goes into red, over pressurising and dripping out the PRV, if i bleed rads to take pressure down back to around 2 bar (hot) then it’s fine.....until its been off then pressure drops on the gauge at least, below .5 bar, this happens most evenings now, but again, as soon as you too it up the pressure is too high unless tou have the radiator temp set really low (40’s) then it maintains for a week or more no probs, as soon as you turn rads up it over pressurises and drips out the PRV again?

Faulty pressure gauge perhaps? Or the pressure vessel needs topping up?

Any help very much appreciated

Oh and no leaks are apparent anywhere I have looked everywhere and most pipes are as good as exposed in my cellar ceiling as its not boarded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main combi eco30 pressure fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi, I have a PRV located in a heated plant room that is between a pair of stop cocks. It was installed to keep pressure under 3 Bar a couple of years ago but I have noticed an area of verdigris on the piece from the main body to the gauge. I wondered if this might be sign of a leak / trouble or...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me identify which tap/connection it is to top up the system as the level has dropped quite a way below the red marker for the cold fill pressure on the gauge? Boiler was installed approx. 2014. I've looked in the manual & online but can't find anything. Many thanks
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock