Search the forum,

Discuss Main Eco combi 30 DHW Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
CH works ok.
When there's a demand for DHW the boiler fires, modulates and then stops. The process then continues in this fashion ad nauseum.

The flow pipe from the Heat exchanger doesn't get hot, the pump continually "surges" on/off and gets very hot.

When the preheat kicks in the pump turns fully with no difficulty, the burner fires away as normal, however the red light is illuminated on the Hall Sensor??. The moment a DHW tap is opened the fault starts immediately.

Faulty turbine has been changed (was flickering) and the DHW sensor has also.
Calorifier has been washed through and there was some magnetite.
The pump is a "low energy" pump as marked on the front.
I'm trying to get my brain cell around the preheat circuit and the normal DHW circuit. Why is the red light on the Hall sensor during preheat?

Thanks for so much...feedback....not! For anyone who may venture into here, Plumbs gave me the incorrect Flow Turbine. In fact for this model the there's no turbine (hence the slightly different appearance of the new part). I neglected to mention the boiler was a Main Eco Combi (of which, there are two models??!!) Because I had a "Spinning" Turbine as opposed to a magnetic "lifting" sensor which looks similar, the boiler was behaving in the above manner. This is called a "filter" on this model and has to be purchased as a whole inlet block.When the correct part is fitted the boiler operated normally (surprising eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Eco combi 30 DHW Problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have noticed recently that when the central heating, set at 60 on boiler, goes off the pump no longer overruns for the period of 3 minutes like it always has. Is this a problem? With the dhw it does the 1 minute overrun still. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock