Discuss Makes me wonder... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to an shower pump replacement quote tonight. Everything about it has been installed wrong really. Feed from CWSC taken off side of tank near ball valve instead of opposite side. No dedicated hot supply to the pump from the side of the cylinder. Bent flexi connector on hot supply side of pump. Hot water cylinder too small, keeps running dry.

And the pump is still going after....

7 years...

Was quite amazed.

Why are you there quoting a new one if the old one is still working...

You could quote to do it properly & lose the job... Or quote just to swop the pump like the next chap that comes along would do...

When the new pump fails under warranty,the custard then blames you for everything... You can't win lol :p

they will work if fitted incorrectly, however if you are using long run to shower, run goes up and down etc then you will have problems.
If shower pump is below cylinder and shower is just above then it is very unlikely to have problems

Why are you there quoting a new one if the old one is still working...

The old one is on it's last legs now. It's making lots of noise and on it's way out, started in the last week.

they will work if fitted incorrectly, however if you are using long run to shower, run goes up and down etc then you will have problems.
If shower pump is below cylinder and shower is just above then it is very unlikely to have problems

Shower pump is in the loft lol.

I would be giving the customer on honest opinion and resolution, with the price. Then probably walking away into the sunset, because they will get the bloke down the road who cocked it up in the first place.

It's a work colleague of my wife's and I've done work for them before so I am pretty sure I will get the job. Only ever quote to do it properly so they are looking at a bill of £7-800 I think. Such is life.

Did you first work for them about 7 years ago? Fitting a shower pump? ;)

LOL nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makes me wonder... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock