Discuss Makita Dab radio confusion... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Makita BMR104 DAB/FM Site Radio 18V | NoLinkingToThis

Makita DAB Site Radio 240V | NoLinkingToThis

I've been looking at these for 18 months and after another £20 DAB radio failed me today its time to bite the bullet but what is the difference here between these two? What are you getting for an extra £20?

Both say they can be run on 18v batteries which is all I want and both come with AC adaptor.

Personally I have tried DAB and found its over hyped and I can get better sound quality with FM. Unless you want to listen to 6 music I wouldnt bother getting one. Wait a year or so and it will all be WiFi radio which will be miles better.

First one was same price but has been reduced.

Second one is shower resistant

Mine was good for the first year now started messing up though :(

Got it free with my makita toolkit so can't moan too much though

Only thing I don't like about dab radios is it's all or nothing with the signal had a few on different jobs where you get nothing for 5 minutes then it's back on then an hour later it drops again , couldn't be bother with all that kerfuffle stick to my bosch fm radio

I have a Makita dab site radio, reception not bad.

But if a battery charger is plugged into the same ring main it all goes :furious3:

I got this radio at Christmas...I love it.

Shame you cant turn the bass down as its a little too much when in a echoy bathroom all day...but its a site radio so cant compain. :25:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Makita Dab radio confusion... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Agree
FIXRADIO - Tunes Request Thread - The PlumbersForums.net official unofficial tunes request and shout-out thread. This isn't something we've...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock