Discuss Marcrist DDM1 or DDM3??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I'm after a core drill and can't decide between the two.

There is a massive price difference, but I'd rather buy the right kit than buy twice.

DDM1 has hammer action, and with the new Marcrist PC800 percussion cores, it'd be really fast I think.

DDM3 has a water feed for wet cutting, a 1500W motor rather than 1400, and 3 speeds.

I guess what I'd like to know is whether wet cutting is so much faster than percussion that it'd be worth the price difference and additional mess...

Any ideas anyone???

Not seen the ddm1 and don't use the water cool and with my 2 but if I needed to replace it I'd go for a 3 I think.

Ddm1 is aimed more towards small cores and tile coring apparently.

ddm3 is the workhorse for coring from reviews

sadly i havent used them.

i noticed bosch have a new offering but it only goes upto 4 inch cores.
that sits at 700 quid!!

Just purchased the DDM1. It arrives today. Wanted the DDM2 and a few places still showed it but all I tried had sold out and no more coming as they were discontinued. I have never needed a water cooled core drill before so felt I didn't need the extra expense. Paid £240 including delivery for the DDM1

I've a DDM3 you can borrow for a couple of weeks Masood if you'd like to see what is like?

Just purchased the DDM1. It arrives today. Wanted the DDM2 and a few places still showed it but all I tried had sold out and no more coming as they were discontinued. I have never needed a water cooled core drill before so felt I didn't need the extra expense. Paid £240 including delivery for the DDM1

Let us know what its like once you've used it in anger :)

I've a DDM3 you can borrow for a couple of weeks Masood if you'd like to see what is like?

That's very generous Sean. Ironically I've just finished a few installs all in the same block of flats where the rebar killed my cores and took about 4 hours each! If I get some more installs I'll give you a shout. Have you got the water injection system well? And do you use the wall-mounting jig or just hand-held?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marcrist DDM1 or DDM3??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock