Search the forum,

Discuss Massive central heating problem. Novice needing help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DenProject

Hi. my central heating system is horrible. its an old one with the back boiler in my living room, which i cant get to without taking out the fireplace. when i switch my heating on, the gas pipes up fine, and the pump seems to start working properly. the radiators upstairs are blazing hot, although i dont need all of them on. the two radiators in my front room, directly below the working radiators upstairs, might take an hour to get 'warm' then maybe one of them will get hot after longer. the rest of the radiators downstairs (kitchen, dining, spare bedroom, bathroom) do not work at all.

iv bled the whole of the house so its not that. but oddly, some radiators when bled, i see a horrible brown water come out, but others, clear water. there is no corrolation between radiators that work and dont, and the colour of water in them. surely the water goes in one radiator and into another, so the same colour water in all?

Iv tried balancing them by opening the upstairs control valves only slightly (still get nicely warm) and opening downstairs more, which helps the living room radiators slightly. when i close off all upstairs the living room get warm. the other rooms (kitchen, dining, spare bedroom, bathroom) still freezing. when i cut off all the radiators apart from them, they still cold.

Iv read endless sites on how to sort your heating out and im at my wits end. I cant really afford a new system and dont really want to get a plumber/heating engineer out. So could someone please tell me what my problem is and how i could go about fixing it before i really have to call someone out?

Greatly appreciated, Thanks, Mark.

Have a look at the setting on the pump, but to be honest it sounds like the system is clogged up and my initial thoughts on this would be to power fush the system then set up through balancing the system properly.

Yup got to agree your system is showing all the signs of being very dirty. A powerflush will sort out the problems and return your system to good working order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Massive central heating problem. Novice needing help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock