Discuss Max radiator temperature on Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john2k

My system is a microbore system using 10mm plastic, on my Potterton HE Plus boiler the radiator temperature is not set all the way to the max, and the max temperature the boiler reads is around 81/82.

Question is can the temperature for radiators on the boiler be set to max? what are the implications? can the plastic pipes handle higher heat?

Its totally fine to set it to the max. Assuming plastic pipe used complies with Class S standards it will come with temperatures above 100c. You radiators will get hotter however because yours is condensing boiler setting it to max reduced the amount of heat it reclaims from combustion gases since the process relies on a set difference in temperature hence most condensing boilers have a marked position on said dial.

Long story short you are fine you will just use disproportionaly more gas more for the extra bit heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Max radiator temperature on Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate)...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
A
My boiler will not heat up past 50 degrees. This is the temperature that is registering on the esi thermostat. Radiators have been bled not sure...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock