Discuss McAlpine Waste Fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just a quickie on the general consensus on applying silicone on top of rubber seal prior to seating the tray. Basically.....

YES or NO.

What has this got to do with McAlpine unless you mean fitting to the waste fitted in the sink but then that has nothing to do with seating the "tray".

Yours confused.

Help if I put the photo up. I’m a idiot. 😁

Attachments

• 4D03AEDC-0E55-4C5B-A0D8-1B15D6B3CB98.jpeg
    4D03AEDC-0E55-4C5B-A0D8-1B15D6B3CB98.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 18
Yes a smear of silicone on there , be aware that the shower tray needs to be supported over its entire base and bedded on flexible tile adhesive and not just laid across joists and noggins ??? Apologies if I am mistaken . Kop

Reply to McAlpine Waste Fitting in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock