Discuss Mears calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Who/where is the best place to get one of these?

Because as of yet I've only replaced rads with similar size. Would like to have a physical item for working out etc.

e bay I got one for a tenner recently, for new builds not older properties though. only use it for an idea then i do it on the laptop when i get home

Because as of yet I've only replaced rads with similar size. Would like to have a physical item for working out etc.

there are plenty of online calculators.

AFAIK, there are only two reasons to use a Mears

1) it looks impressively scientific to the customer
2) it oversizes radiators, and therefore allows your merchant to trade up to the leather upholstry and built in satnav.

Whilst I am not against either of these... :)

I've still got one, somewhere. They were great in their day. Mine is in BTU's.

Mine was a red one, BTU's I think. Started me off now. I will have to search it out through all that old stuff I have not thrown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mears calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock