Search the forum,

Discuss Measure for replacement shower doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Burger

I need to replace some shower doors as they are falling apart and the manufacturer is no longer trading. I have fitted loads of adaptation style ones, which is usually a measure of tile to tile or tile to end finish, eg another door. However I’ve been looking at the new Mira range, but can’t get my head around how to measure, and when I spoke to Mira, they asked about the tray size.

So my wall to wall measurement is approx 705mm top and approx 720mm bottom, bi-folding door.

Anyone know what I need to be getting? I don’t want really expensive doors like cross water as I’m hopefully moving house soon,

Thanks in advance, Chris.

You will struggle for a cheap door. They only have very limited adjustment.

Look for adjustment numbers and also consider how out of square it is as you would a piece of glass. Try STAX their stuff is pretty reasonable.

700mm

Reply to Measure for replacement shower doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, I have an alcove shower with a wall to wall measurement of 952mm. I need a bifold door and am looking at something contemporary, 8mm glass with black trim- Issue is that the lower spec limit of the door is 960mm. It seems to be the same with all (Yes I can get a 1000 bifold door in...
Replies
Views
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190...
Replies
Views
B
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of...
Replies
Views
S
I live in the UK and I need to buy a shower door to fit in a 915mm gap between two walls of my shower room. Most 900mm shower doors available here have 30-to-40mm inward adjustments to fit in a space that is slightly narrower than 900mm, or to address wall unevenness, but not outward...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock