Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow DD145 - Is this dripping worrying? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jawa

Hi. I have just noticed there is dripping coming from the area of the white pipe and just below on the vertical bit of the grey pipe as seen on the pictures. It is dripping rather than flooding. Does anyone have any idea what this means, how to fix it and how urgent it is. thank you. its not a cupboard i normally go into so i think it must have been going on for a good few days

IMG_7975.jpgIMG_7976.jpgIMG_7974.jpg

The dripping is probably caused by the loss of the air gap in the cylinder. There should be instructions on the side how to recharge it.

The leak is probably because the fittings haven't been tightened properly.

If it's anything other than that you'll need a plumber registered to work on unvented cylinders.

As Mike said above.

Also I would check photo 2, it looks like a water leak from the immersion heater.

A customer of mine had quite a bad leak and had to have a ceiling replaced due to an overtightened immersion heater @ the factory.

(cylinder not fitted by me!)

The manufacturers will come and repair the leak from the immersion heater but not the leak from the discharge pipe.

The black plastic fitting just above the white fitting (HepVo trap) where you should see the water dripping down the pipe work is the tun dish, if there is no water staining above this then water is leaking out of the tun dish & running down the outside of the pipes. Dry the area up & give the tun-dish a clean.
As Mike suggests the reason water is dripping in the first place is probably because the air bubble at the top of the cylinder has been lost, turn the water supply off open your hot taps until water stops running from them then follow the instructions (hold the T&P safety valve open until water flow stops & air has been allowed in) then turn back on. Check again for water flow through the tun dish tomorrow, if it is still present call an engineer.
PS. you need to get a cover put back on the lower immersion heater as there are live terminals showing & the wrong type of plastic pipework has been used for the safety valve discharge pipework uPVC solvent weld has been used not the push fit Polybutalene (PB).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow DD145 - Is this dripping worrying? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock