Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflow discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Can anyone help. I went to look at a Megaflow, last Saturday ( I have my unvented card) the client was saying that in the evenings, every two or three days the megaflow discharges hot water out of the discharge pipe.

It is a 210litre direct megaflow unvented cylinder

There was no leak coming through the tundish and the expansion and t and p valves. So I assumed that the air gap needs recharging. I followed the procedure in the installation manual ( when I held the t and p valve open there was alot of gurgling in the valve and this took about 5mins to clear.

However the client called me today to say that the megaflow discharged water earlier today.

Any thoughts anyone??

Thanks

Paul

u didnt make the air gap properly, it should only be air then water when u stop filling to the discharge point, fm the sound of it you may have just filled it too much

Hi Lame Plumber

Thanks for your reply, do you mean I let too much air in. Do you mean I should keep the t and p valve open only as long as water discharges through the lowest tap? Then the air gap will be recharged?

5 minutes until the gurgiling stops is a long time

Paul

Hi

The cylinder is downstairs and so are the taps. I called Megaflow and they advised me to drain down the tank from the inlet as this would allow the air gap to reinstate. As the taps are at the same level as the cylinder, this is the only way to do it.

I did this yesterday so hopefully problem solved

thanks

Paul

Hi

The cylinder is downstairs and so are the taps. I called Megaflow and they advised me to drain down the tank from the inlet as this would allow the air gap to reinstate. As the taps are at the same level as the cylinder, this is the only way to do it.

I did this yesterday so hopefully problem solved

thanks

Paul

did this work?

did this work?
Hi

Just to let you know, by draining down the tank, this worked and the problem is now solved. This is worth remembering as in the manual there is no mention of solving the air gap this way. It is worth remembering that if the lowest hot tap is on the same level as the megaflow the best thing to do is to drain the cylinder

thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow discharge problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I'm looking to install an unvented cylinder in my property. I initially hired a plumber who expressed interest in the job, but later cancelled, citing "building regulations" as the reason, specifically regarding the discharge pipe and its location. Subsequently, I reached out to my second...
Replies
Views
Has anyone worked to the txn150pterp kingspan unvented cylinders? They have an internal expansion bubble like the megaflows I believe. To repressurise the internal expansion bubble am I correct in saying turn the power off to the immersion/heating turn water off. Then open lowest tap to drain...
Replies
Views
Morning All I have a Megaflo unvented cylinder . Water had been dripping into the tundish so I tried to recharge the air gap, but when I went to turn the pressure relief valve it would not turn at all, as it usually would. My shower has been dripping in the bathroom next door , could in anyway...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my 20-year-old unvented cylinder (an Ariston Classico HE STD 150) 5 days ago and I hadn't noticed that it was leaking. He fixed the leak today but now the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock