Discuss Meggering combis/gas appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi. I was wondering if any domestic gas service engineers out there megger/insulation test whilst diagnosing boilers or for electrical safety purposes. I have heard before it could damage the appliance but, a domestic boiler is no more sensitive than any other domestic electrical appliance e.g refrigeration, laundry. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

a domestic boiler is no more sensitive than any other domestic electrical appliance e.g refrigeration, laundry.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

250, 500, 1000v ?

Yes, Don't Megger (insulation resistance test) Domestic appliances.

You'd Megger a T.v?

Last edited:
Hi there, please take the time to register with the forum to receive info cheers and welcome,

I get a megger sore head if I drink too much ,

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Meggering combis/gas appliances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
We are building a new 2 bed bungalow and looking at Heating / Hot water options. Although Gas is available we are keen to not have it connected...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock