Discuss merchant invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

just sitting here after another 8pm finish browsing a merchant invoice for a couple of grand.
cross referencing some rad sizes that have changed actually are cheaper on the invoice than the others quoted for also, a program stat that i know was inc vat has been charged ex.?.
is it just me or should we really thorough with checking these things out.?.
proves one thing that you can never switch of in this game self employed, even at 9pm!!:ack2:

i never used to check mine as i trusted them but one day just happened to read the first line. shower ? hmm dont recall that next line taps hmm dont remember that. turns out there was about £400 thst i hadnt had there exscuse - one of lads must of bused my acount , phoned lasds up no not me boss. went back to suppliers eventually got it credited back i now check every one the slime balls

Think we all should check, I don't to be honest, I know I won't get lucky and be cheaper. Maybe would explain why my bills are so much

When we had the family business if there was an invoice that we couldn't pin down we would always ask to see the copy of the delivery note to check the signature. It's always worth checking the prices as occsionally someone in head office will decide to muck about with your prices. Had it a good few years ago where we suddenly started getting invoiced straight trade prices for boilers, some one in the accounts department at Wolesely had wiped all of our terms off the account. Local branch weren't happy as they had to re apply all the terms.

found last night i could of bought the comp fittings for £80 less down the road/.shoot

Always check your invoices. You will find wrong charged stuff all the time. They quote you good prices on the big items and get it back with intrest on the small stuff.
I have an order number system set up now where if i need something i phone her (she is sitting doing nothing much else) and she phones the merchants and places the order. She has all the terms from different merchants on the computer so checks the prices and plays them against each other. She is well worth the hundred quid a week off my tax bill :wink:

I agree on the little things. Last week shopped around for the best price on a shower and saved £15. Ordered some bits and bobs at the same time, not thinking about the price. Checked the invoice - 15mm chrome compression connectors £3.25 + VAT each. Will not be going there again in a hurry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just hate shopping in merchants full stop. Too expensive. Online is the way to go. Every time I enter the merchants I feel I should do so backwards, bent at the waist and bereft of trousers.

I just hate shopping in merchants full stop. Too expensive. Online is the way to go. Every time I enter the merchants I feel I should do so backwards, bent at the waist and bereft of trousers.

Me too, I don't do boilers etc so don't spend enough to hammer down the prices, I go to PTS occasionally and thats it.

Its hit and miss, sometimes a good deal sometimes not, its a long drive to get there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to merchant invoice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock