Search the forum,

Discuss Milwaukee self feed wood bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfxy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
just bought a kit of 7 bits, these are excellent wood bits but when I use the larger sizes my drill cant cope and the clutch just slips even my Makita HR4500 clutch slips anyone suggest a suitable drill for these wood bits?

Are they auger bits?

No this is what they look like milwaukee.jpg

There forstner bits. The type you would use on kitchen unit hinges. Rapid at drilling wood. Maybe a mwaukee drill will do the job

Use these at a SLOW speed and on the 1st torque setting on your drill. Let the bits do the work. If you force them or use them too high a speed and torque setting, then they will jam.

I use mine for cabinet hinges.

Use these at a SLOW speed and on the 1st torque setting on your drill. Let the bits do the work. If you force them or use them too high a speed and torque setting, then they will jam.

I use mine for cabinet hinges.
Ah thatll be the problem then. Don't go spending £280 on a angle drill!! Hahaha

they're not for cabinet hinges these would go through the cabinet in no time you wouldn't just have a hole for the hinge you'd have a bleeding great hole through the cabinet they're designed to bore large holes through wood.

I have the dewalt equivilant of those bits my only complaint is tgey can block up every now and again other then tgat tgey are the bees nees

bosch do a set, bosch self cut speed. best ive ever used, bought another pack today, to buy them seperatly it is 48 quid but the set it 20.00. mental

I'd say you want to be using a drill without a clutch for bits like this.

no one drill can cope with all the jobs we do due to the need fore speed when coring bricks etc and the slow but steady when boring through victorian joists, probably why I have so many sds failures in the shed:)

They are what you use for cabinet hinges. Believe me. You only go through the other side if your trigger happy. Standard spade or auger bits have longer spikes on the end, so you cant cut a shallow hole

Auger bits and the slow gear on your drill should be all you need really.

Well they look like forstner bits. My brothers a joiner and uses them. Not milwaukee ones but they look similar. His have the same bit on the end. Im not saying there only for hinges. But thats what forstner bits are for

1/2" Hole-Hawg® Drill | Milwaukee Tool

These bits are not meant to be used on cabinets unless you want to got through them. They eat wood. Forstner bits do not self feed. These have a threaded bit at the tip which helps pull them through. You really want to avoid hitting nails or you will chip the cutting surface and these bits are expensive. Milwaukee also makes a set with replaceable blades but are more money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Milwaukee self feed wood bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock