Search the forum,

Discuss Mira shower mixer leaking back into wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boathouse

I have an issue I would really appreciate some advice on.

I recently moved into an old house in need of renovation. Discovered that the shower (I think its a Mira Excel) was leaking into the kitchen. After much investigation I have determined that the leak is coming from behind the shower mixer.

I removed the mixer and turned the water back on at the main stopcock, the water poured out of the pipes at full pressure, with no leak in the kitchen. I popped the mixer back on and water again streamed down the wall into the kitchen.

I suspect what is happening is the compression nut between the mixer and the supply is leaking back into the wall, or the increased pressure cause by the shower mixer being in place is causing a leak further down where I cant see. Not sure what what to do here for a quick fix, clean it off and apply some PTFE? If I have to remove the olive or redo the pipe it will mean removing the tiles. In a few months time we will hopefully rip everything out an start over, but would like to be able to use the shower in the mean time.

You could try a bit.of PTFE, it don't do any harm. You should also replace the rubber or fibre washers on the unions where the mixer attaches to the pipe tails.

Thanks Masood,

When you say the unions where the mixer attaches to the pipe tales, does that mean where the compression nut fixes to the inlet nipples, or where the inlet nipples connect to the mixer?

M.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira shower mixer leaking back into wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock