Search the forum,

Discuss Mira Sport 10.8kw Shower problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harbour

Hi, I have a problem with my shower which was installed in November 2003. It is impossible to use a lower temperature setting without a constant droning sound. Once you have passed the half way mark on the dial (going to hotter) it stops. I have emailed Mira who say that it is possibly the shower's Flow Valve which is at fault and they quoted me a price for the part of £42.24. They also say that it would need to be installed by an engineer at a cost of £65.80. Does this seem reasonable or would I be able to get the part cheaper elsewhere? Also, would it be best to get a plumber out in the first instance to find out if the fault is as Mira says. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

the shower is 5 year old now and if things have started to go wrong why not just replace the whole thing it may cost a little more now but it may save you in the long run

Just a quick thought, but you should try running the shower with the hose removed. It just might be that deposits in the hose or shower head are causing the problem when you run the shower at cooler temperatures (i.e. at higher flow rates).

Or maybe there's crap in the shower causing the 'drone', that might be expelled with the hose removed?

Let us know what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mira Sport 10.8kw Shower problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock