Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer shower units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AJR48

I have a Mira mixer unit. The flow cartridge is faulty making the tap difficult to turn on. I sent for a replacement cartridge but was unable to remove the exisiting one as it was seized up and the depth of the part where the spanner fits is very narrow causing the spanner to slip off. Even after applying WD40 I could not budge it. The cost of sending for an engineer makes the exercise not worth while so I have decided to get a whole new mixer unit.

My question is this: Is the distance between the hot and cold inlets a "standard" measurement? i.e. if I buy a none Mira unit will it fit?

Alan

Thanks guys. I measured it as 150mm. Mira say it's 153mm. In any case I've found a Triton replacement that shows 150mm +/- 20 so I've ordered that.

no problem!
installation is straightforward, but if you need assistance just post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower units in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
S
Replaced thermostatic cartridge on mixer shower and now water won’t turn off feeding shower head. It’s a Mira agile shower.
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what model would I replace it with and how would I replace it if I changed the model! I would like to change the type of model to a lever one. I have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
Could someone give me a heads-up as to the cost of a plumber to replace a thermostatic cartridge in a Bristan mixer bar shower. I have the cartridge, so the cost would be labour only. I live in Norfolk, so not London prices. I had a guy come round this morning quoting me £75 - this seems...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock