Search the forum,

Discuss Mixing valve broken? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Moved in recently and inherited a combi boiler with 2 zones setup, one to the rads all around the house and a second to the underfloor heating in the kitchen. When the kitchen zone is activated, the boiler kicks in, the flow pipe heats as expected and the heat only travels through the pipework to the kitchen zone. It then gets to the mixer valve for the underfloor heating, where I would expect the heated water to travel through and down into the underfloor heating. This does appear to happen as the pipe below the valve starts to heat up straight away, but the cold side of the mixer valve also heats up instantly. This means the hot water gets part pushed through the underfloor, but also (and I think the majority of it) gets pushed straight back to the return on the boiler. The boiler sees the return get up to temp after about 30 seconds and shuts off.

Am I wrong in expecting that the mixer valve shouldn't be doing this, and that flow across the mixer valve should only be from the underfloor return to be recirculated?

Thanks

Martyn

Reply to Mixing valve broken? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock