Search the forum,

Discuss monoblock bath tap in corner off bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a customer that wants a mono block bath tap in the corner of a bath. The area were they want it has no wood under it I plan on drilling the hole and putting a piece of plywood under it siliconed to the underneath of the bath and then when I fix the tap it will hold it in place. Anyone done something similar?

James, yes I can't see a problem with that , especially with a piece of ply or similar .

I've always used a 29mm whole saw for normal taps but this is a mono-block tap, I am yet to get it. Will it likely require the same size whole?

For the monoblock tap it looks like a 38mm hole may be abit tight to get tails and securing bolt though. What size have other people drilled the hole required for a monoblock tap on a bath.

Best thing to do is get the tap in your hand, and offer the hole saw onto the base. Closest you can get to the inside of the o-ring.

No point guessing as all taps are different and you will only get 1 go!!

Best thing to do is get the tap in your hand, and offer the hole saw onto the base. Closest you can get to the inside of the o-ring.

No point guessing as all taps are different and you will only get 1 go!![/QUO
The o-ring that seals the top of the tap? Was trying to go for the smallest one so just their is just enough room for the tails and securing bolt.

35mm is about right for most mono's on kitchen sinks, bath one will prob be slightly larger. charge the customer for the hole saw if you dont have the size and its a size you dont think you will ever use again. prob about £8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to monoblock bath tap in corner off bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock