Search the forum,

Discuss Motorised valves from China in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have tried hard to get similar to the first class satchwqell /Sunvic SML type revolving type valves instead of the quite short lived spring return type valves.
I saw an advert from the Hearken company who either make these or buy them in. The only problem they are BSP threads so adaptors are required for copper.......... dread the thought of using plastic (PEX) for heating systems which is often used these days. The modern fitters can use what they like of course as they wish but any commercial engineer would not use plastic for heating. Domesic water yes heaing in my opinion NO.
These valves are revolving type motorised valves and the office confirms no spring returnes.
I saw an adveryt that Sunvic still actually do still supply the valves similar to the old type SML but their old phone number does not accept calls. Anyone out there knows I am wrong, are these valve still available....... If not it's time they were.????? I was told last week that a company had bought out a company manufacturing the rotary no spring valves but again is that true. In the word of big bucks why make a valve that lasts 5 times(approx) longer than spring return valves & actuators? Money making?

Reply to Motorised valves from China in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do people with this type of mixed flow temperature control have any problems with achieving the required manifold flow temperature? The one below I think is similar to the TIO Mixing unit. In the unit below, the hot (boiler) water enters from the bottom left, red arrow, up through the "mixing...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and the old cast iron radiators need a refresh, and i'm going to fit some new bleed valves amongst other things. The female thread in most of the rads...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock