Search the forum,

Discuss Moving a toilet with an AAV on a floor-exiting soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rahaaas

Hi all,

Picture available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3k899oghtfbuad/IMG_1414s.jpg?dl=0

I'd like to replace this toilet with a close-coupled unit further to the right (so I can actually open the door...), while reducing the boxwork (particularly on the left hand side) as much as possible. Low-level boxwork on the right is inevitable, I suspect, keen to avoid building a false wall / large cabinet.

The wastes come from the high-level cistern, bath (just to the right, out of picture) and sink. It's in the basement floor of a 5-storey Georgian conversion, and can't be externally vented directly. The soil pipe runs about 15ft to an inspection cover that serves the rest of the building, and that IS externally vented.

Question is, can I get a toilet running straight down into the soil pipe, and run an AAV off to the right (even under the bath void), running the wastes in there too? Or can the toilet go on the right of the soil pipe, swan-neck in, and connect to the AAV running off to the right?

Assuming I can't dispense with this big stack and use discrete AAVs on the bath and sink wastes, right..?

There's some reticence (understandably) from our installer to chase into the concrete floor / very thick wall, or dig around the soil pipe itself.

Thanks for reading... suggestions gratefully welcomed!

Last edited by a moderator:
The wastes come from the high-level cistern, bath (just to the right, out of picture) and sink. It's in a 5-storey Georgian conversion, and the stack is about 15ft from an inspection cover that leads off to an externally vented stink pipe. There's no way to externally vent this installation as it's in the basement!

i don't understand this bit, your saying the stack is vented outside then in the same sentence you can't vent it.

Sorry if that isn't clear. I know that the soil pip runs through our flat, to an inspection cover in our garden. A few feet from there, there's a vent pipe running up the side of the house, above the roofline. So my assumption is that there is a vent from the sewer, but this particular soil pipe isn't directly vented. From what I can gather, this may mean we can dispense with the big AAC and use small 'auxiliary' AAVs on the bath / sink traps, as the sewer is vented as part of a larger system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving a toilet with an AAV on a floor-exiting soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock