Discuss My hot water seems far too hot 🥵 in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Is the cylinder stat making good contact with the cylinder? Have you done any electrical testing?
Thanks, I did some a while ago, cylinder stat seems to be making good contact yes, it used to work ok, but it’s now set on 40 but feels a lot hotter, haven’t measured this, but I reckon it would burn without cold mixing.

If the system originally worked fine then the wiring should be correct. I'd get my multimeter out and do some checks. It's going to be something simple I'm sure.
I’ll be doing that again next, think it was ok though. Shaun has suggested cyl stat is too low, so need to try’s this as well. I did try a Honeywell cyl stat (which was smaller in length), and it seemed the same, so chucked it back in my van.

Is the bulb fully home should go into the pocket around 4-8”?

So the cylinder stat reaches satisfaction and closes down the valve and shuts off the boiler?
Do you live in a hard water area by any chance?
Yes, the stat is satisfied and turns off. Also 2 port was renewed by myself recently, as originally I thought it might have been the end switch sticking.

Nope, checked this recently with changing my shower valve, it’s soft I believe, comes from Lake Vrnwy in Wales.

Does sound like the stat shutting down is delayed. A hard water area can cause mass accumulation of limescale within and on the cylinder walls, this would cause the problem you're experiencing.
Could you upload an image of your cylinder so we can see the position of the stat?

Does sound like the stat shutting down is delayed. A hard water area can cause mass accumulation of limescale within and on the cylinder walls, this would cause the problem you're experiencing.
Could you upload an image of your cylinder so we can see the position of the stat?
Yes no problem , I’ll do it tomorrow when the lighting is better, many thanks so far. Do you think it could still be scale even though I’m soft water area?

Reply to My hot water seems far too hot 🥵 in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock