Search the forum,

Discuss My Potterton Performa 24 Giving Me Problems Again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sidallan

Hello All
Its me again with another question about my potterton combi boiler. Sitting indoors the other night sweating my n*ts off thinking bloody hell its a bit hot in here when my other half comes in and tells me the heating is on, so me being the kind considerate man that I am flip out and say what knob has put the heating on (or words to that effect) only to find half hour later that the boiler is still heating the system. Even after turning down the thermostat and turning off the programmer I still have a boiler that is running and heating the radiators. I have checked the diaphragm on the dhw side of the diverter valve and it is fine have also noticed both the pins do what they should as in move when then water comes on and the same when the heating is on so I was wondering would this be a micro switch problem? or could it be the diaphragm on the ch side of the diverter. The other thing I noticed is when you push the ch pin down manually the heating goes off but just cannot get it to stay down. Please Help could really do without this right now.

Thanks in advance.
Scott

Thanks Ermintrude I will try that. Yep tried that and still boiler is firing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
get techie in to fix it for you now we are approaching gsr type work

Might be the fact that you have messed with the diaphragm that is causing the heating to come on.

Please don't tinker with something that you have no knowledge of how to fix. Ring a local gas safe engineer.
We don't bite!

Sid unfortunately we cant give out advice on the fixing of your boiler as your not gassafe and therefor not competent to be attempting work on sed boiler. For your own safety after tampering with it call out an engineer or post on i need a gsr engineer. Sorry sid but rules are rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My Potterton Performa 24 Giving Me Problems Again. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock