Discuss Myson Apollo flame picture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PlumbingSucks

Hi have been to my mates house today to do a landlord as he is going to be renting it out soon. He has a myson apollo. when i first got there instantly noticed the giant yellowish flames just about touching the heat exchanger. burner pressure and gas rate ok within limits. So took burner out inspected and cleaned, fine. Checked flue outside and pulled out loads of white crap same as the stuff deposited on the heat exchanger. removed hood on heat ex and its clear, fan seems fine heat ex clear. Even went and got another burner off someone i know who had one in the garage, same flame picture! Any ideas please?

Hi,
Can you get the burner lit with the case off, is the flame any different ? If better it's struggling to get enough air, flue restriction.
Check injector & carefully clean. Does it look as if some handfisted person has previously made the injector hole too large? If so can you order a new one.
Doesn't sound like it's the burner, but you could wash it out & thgen dry with blow lamp.

sure giant yellow flame through inspection glass not the pilot,try new nozzle and pilot spreader

Have lit with case off and flames are the same. I'l try the injector. Thanks for replies

well i suppose it cannot be anything else if you have changed everything ,strange that the flame pictures the same

You mentioned a fan; so I take it we're talying about a Myson Apollo Fanfare. If thats the boiler, the problem is the fan unit. It will still run but the fan gets lazy and can't push enough air through the boiler. Best advice through away the boiler and fit a new ones. Don't think you will get the parts anyway.

yes you can still get the fans for some models but they are around £300 plus good luck

it depends who is paying for the fan as an insurance firm would replace the fan rather than provide a new boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Myson Apollo flame picture in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock