Search the forum,

Discuss Name the Vaillant? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ApprenticeTom

Hey guys,
I hope you're well, just cant find out what boiler this is! I know there's not much to go by but if anybody knows what model is it I'd be extremely grateful. Also what are them fittings underneath? just standard compression couplings or what?
Thanks!
12511307_1200728716621384_1734549064_o.jpg

Eco tec plus, could be a heat only or system if fill valve and guage are elsewhere
Where is the flue?

Its a system boiler possibly a 618 going by the gas pipe size. The fittings are standard compression.

just look underneath and up you will see the data panel......................................................................

It's just at an event so not actually a running system, and I've only got the picture to go by too. Thanks everyone!

Explain why to the lad please gents.

Also bearing in mind post #5.

Explain why to the lad please gents.

Also bearing in mind post #5.

boiler not stable and wood is too small, could fall off

also its a vaillant :D

Are they asking you to identify the type of boiler ie, combi,system,open vent?
If so it's an open vent due to the fact that there is only a flow, gas and return pipe on bottom of boiler
If a combi it would have flow, hot out, gas in, cold in and return in with a pr pipe as well

If system it would have flow, gas in, return, a pr pipe and a mains cold some where near to fill boiler, this isn't always the case as the fill loop could be fitted elsewhere

Is this event a training event

Are they asking you to identify the type of boiler ie, combi,system,open vent?
If so it's an open vent due to the fact that there is only a flow, gas and return pipe on bottom of boiler
If a combi it would have flow, hot out, gas in, cold in and return in with a pr pipe as well

If system it would have flow, gas in, return, a pr pipe and a mains cold some where near to fill boiler, this isn't always the case as the fill loop could be fitted elsewhere

Is this event a training event

i think your wrong and its a system you just cant see or they havent piped the prv ov vailants are a different case?

You're right I'm wrong
Haven't fitted an ov for a few yrs, but should've noticed
Old age don't come on it's own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Name the Vaillant? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience of using a VR33 (for Heating OpenTherm control with Nest) and a VR66 for Hot Water Priority with Vaillant system boilers? I'm specifically using an EcoTec plus 624 I've got a system working with a Nest and VR66 to provide hot water priority and it works well with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock