Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss NCS Paperwork in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks, NCS reporting. Am I alone here or do any of you get as fed up as me with paperwork? Going to the same home year after year, no earth bond, flue termination issues, etc. etc. You know they're going to do nothing about it and all your doing is wasting your time writing out paperwork!

My question is, do any of you use any kind of generic NCS form? Maybe something you've developed yourself that covers the requirement?

I'm thinking along the lines of developing a printable form I can issue customers to fulfil the requirements of notification.. Your thoughts and/or ideas would be appreciated... Cheers!

Hi
I just use the gas safety report forms from BES, fill in the safety check list & note the NCS's on the bottom, Also invoice them on same sheet.

BES, I'll have to look there paperwork up. At the minute I'm filling in landlord/customer service/safety check forms. I just find it a chore filling out a separate Warning notice form in addition. Is it necessary to fill in a separate warning notice if It's already noted on the service sheet? Maybe I'm going a bit OTT....

BES, I'll have to look there paperwork up. At the minute I'm filling in landlord/customer service/safety check forms. I just find it a chore filling out a separate Warning notice form in addition. Is it necessary to fill in a separate warning notice if It's already noted on the service sheet? Maybe I'm going a bit OTT....

you are wasting a warning notice as you dont have to advise them in writing, so simply add it to the bottom of any other piece of paperwork you are producing for them, as you only need to advise of NCS verbally, then writing it on any bit of paper and pointing it out to them is above the reg and therefore acceptable, and i do agree it is a PITA telling the same people the same thing every year, but thats par for the course, same as RIDDOR's, people tell me they dont fill them in cause nothing gets done, but if you dont fill them in and i follow you next year and fill one in someone could question why you didnt spot the fault last year, ad you cant really say you did spot it and couldnt be bothered reporting it as you know you should do it

Cheers Kirkgas, would that be the same for Landlords? My private customers get, as you say, the verbal and on the service sheet. I have, however, always thought it was necessary to give landlords and letting agents a paper copy also! If this is not a "legal" requirement of us to do then that'd save a boat load of writing and wasted warning notices...

Cheers Kirkgas, would that be the same for Landlords? My private customers get, as you say, the verbal and on the service sheet. I have, however, always thought it was necessary to give landlords and letting agents a paper copy also! If this is not a "legal" requirement of us to do then that'd save a boat load of writing and wasted warning notices...

doesn't matter who your customers are, NCS doesnt need to be written down at all, although the reality is that it is easier to inform them in writing rather than phone the office, the person you want is on the phone so they phone you back when you are driving etc etc, but as long as it isnt ID or AR you dont need a warning notice, so whack it down on an invoice or something, you have done more than required and saved a sheet of paper

Cheers kirkgas.... I've always been under the inpression that you had to leave a safety warning notice. These past 3 years working for self I've been doing just that with Landlords anyways! I know there's no harm in leaving writen proof but it's time consuming and wasteful!

I just note down an ncs on the invoice I give them, I used to fill out an advice notice form but like you say the same problems are still there the next time.

if the customr is there then i will fill out a advice notice aswell as telling them and getting them to sign it. i had a few at the previous company i worked for where i did that and the following engineer (from BG) was trying to make all sorts up that was wrong so they could overcharge the cusomer and get the work. the customer then came back to us saying they didnt know anything about these faults and were trying to kick up a fuss. Once the office showed them our copy of the notice she had signed , she went home tail between her legs. It only takes 2 minutes to fill the form out but yes it does get tedious

As above, if customer is there its better to fill one out & get signed. If not it goes on the inspection sheet under notes.I use (jbpm online)for my pads.

Trev TM Plumbing

cheers trev ... As said I have no concers except where leagly we stand with landlords and agents! Do they need a separate 'not to standards form' or does a note at the bottom of the safety check suffice? It seems that the note is sufficient as long as we inform! I'm getting kind of comfortable with that.

cheers trev ... As said I have no concers except where leagly we stand with landlords and agents! Do they need a separate 'not to standards form' or does a note at the bottom of the safety check suffice? It seems that the note is sufficient as long as we inform! I'm getting kind of comfortable with that.

I would say as said, if someones there fill one in & get signed, as far as agents go i would still only note it on landlords cert unless ncs came under totting up to AR then obviously appropriate paperwork required.

Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to NCS Paperwork in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock