Discuss Need a very quiet Toilet fill valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

books

The problem is, that I have to replace the fill valve on my toilet & am looking for a very quiet & reliable toilet fill valve to replace my current valve.

This is because bathroom is right next to bedroom & each time its used it’s very noisy when filling up at night & wakes every one up in house. Also during day its annoying.

I had a Torbeck EcoFil valve, which did not operate properly & was noisy when filling up & at end of filling there was a clunk/thump noise, which seemed to come from the valve. I do not have water hammer problems & old Valve did not make this noise. So not confident on Torbecks.

I have read that Wirquin Siamp, Lavelle, & Armitage Shanks range of valves can be very quiet but really I have no idea at all which on market is quietest & best?

I would be grateful for any help/advice on quietest & best bottom entry (for high & low water no pressure) toilet fill valve that is available, that would resolve the problems I had with Torbeck Valve. :confused:

Thanks

You can't go wrong with fluidmaster.

My merchant doesn't stock torbeck's side-fill equilibirum valves because he's fed up of people bringing them back when they don't work.

after nearly 40 years in the game just fitted a fluidmaster bottom feed pro brass inlet cistern valve best thing since sliced bread to my youngest boys toilet as his siamp model had become too noisy if you have to change yours I recommend you fit one of these :)regards turnpin

Yup , definately the pro version there is nothing more annoying than getting a crossed thread and ruining the plastic ones.

yes but to get the brass one i think you will need to do to a merhcant, PTS, CPS or local etc

I am a fan of the fluid master

Pro45B is brass threaded - from plumbing merchants - and they're my favourite too - when they fit that is, as sometimes there's not enough space.

They'll fit if you change the syphon for a fluidmaster push-button valve. If the worst comes to the worst and it all looks a bit tight in there I usually suggest that. Having spent about 4 hours trying evey possible combination of cistern innards on the world's most compact cistern I can confirm that if a fluidmaster push-button flush-valve and fluidmaster float valve will fit that, they'll fit in anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need a very quiet Toilet fill valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock