Search the forum,

Discuss Need an addapter for mixer tap flex connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colin44

Bought a German mixer tap for my sink from Ebay, but flexible ends are small hexagonal nuts with 15mm inside thread with an o ring seal that screws on, and need to connect to UK half inch copper pipe.

Sink and tap is all fitted now but just need two adapters one for cold and one for hot water pipes to finish off

Mixer tap is Sanlingo make....

Can I get these adapters on ebay(one end screws onto the 15mm thread, the other on to a half inch coupling thread , do you know a listing?

Cheers Colin

Post up a pic or take the tap to the local plumbers merchant!?

Could have bought a uk tap if you really wanted a stress free day ;)

It will either be a 3/8 male iron or 1/2 one. More likely a 3/8 if it's European

Being a new member I am denied putting a picture up (URL), or even a sketch.

What I want is similar to the tail adaptor shown above with the bottom part being threaded for the half inch copper pipe (which is correct), but the top shown is smooth for a bolt on fixing and that is wrong as it has to screw into the 15mm dia thread of the rotating nut at the end of the stainless steel flexible pipe, so has to be threaded.

So both the 15mm part and the half inch part has to be threaded.

Pity I am denied pictures.

Having thought about above, and looked at the web, I think I need....

15mm male copper to 1/2" BSP brass male iron thread connection, assuming the 15mm dia thread will be ok for the internal thread of the stainless steel flexible connection.

I cannot take the flex pipe to the plumber merchant as it is already in situ and basin is now fixed and slicon sealed in..... DOH!

change the flexi tails for some speed fit ones. Use a box spanner to remove and refit the tap.

the above adapter will be fine, the threaded end goes into the flexi and the smooth end goes into the compression end of an iso valve. or if isos already fitted lower down then a short piece of copper then straight comp fitting.

It will either be a 3/8 male iron or 1/2 one. More likely a 3/8 if it's European

3/8 thread, That was the answer, sink now working :yes:

Many thanks to all you guys for helping me to get on the right track as that European connection was a horror. Can get the dishes done now.

Cheers Colin

I think you missed the word 'she' from the first word of the last sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need an addapter for mixer tap flex connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock