Discuss Need Genuine Advice about Plumbing and Gas Course - here is my 1 year plan to get into the industry in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers,

Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not really solved this, so I feel i need some real advice from real tradesmen.

I am 21 and stuck behind a desk not progressing into a career, I have decided to make the leap into a trade and would like to become a plumbing/gas engineer.

I have no trade experience and apprenticeships are rare to come by in my area so courses really are the only option for me.

I would like to be semi employable by the end of next year and gain some hands on experience in the plumbing and gas trade, so I was thinking of doing this.

Gaining a City and Guilds 6035 Level 2 in Plumbing Studies.

Attending a Gas Course to become Gas Safe.

Try to get a job as a plumbers mate and learn some hands on experience whilst finishing portfolio.

Getting my ACS certificate and becoming Gas Safe.

Getting my NVQ 6189 level 2 in Plumbing and Heating whilst working on job.

I may be optimistic or naive but this sounds like a good plan to walk into the industry whilst getting correct qualifications but actually becoming competent.

This is just a general guide but hopefully someone can input ideas on how I could go into this trade etc.

Thank you in advance!!

For a start I would suggest,doing level 1/2 in plumbing and heating at your local college and be a plumbers mate and learn the ropes from the ground up to get your nvq. Then do (wsas) to be water safe.then do a course on unvented cylinders.Then if you still have a passion go on to work with a gas safe engineer. That’s the route I’m taking as I type this. Hope this helps. 👍

Reply to Need Genuine Advice about Plumbing and Gas Course - here is my 1 year plan to get into the industry in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock