Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Nest Install zoned system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Just hoping to get some wiring advice on a nest system for my zoned central heating. (new house so knowledge of existing setup is limited).

Right i have a ideal logic es35 boiler in the utility room. With a white wire connected going into the wall.

This then reappears upstairs in the airing cupboard in a junction box with a block connector.

IMG_1801.JPG
IMG_4203.JPG

Which in turn is connected to two danfoss zone valves, one for downstairs, one for upstairs.

These both go to their own danfoss tp4000 (i think, could be 5000) thermostats.

IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_5121.JPG
IMG_8084.JPG

As you can see looks simple enough, but being a diyer there are no labels for each wire coming from the boiler.

A couple of questions.

1. do i have the full circuit here? or will there be anything ive missed?
2. will this work with a nest (cant use compatibility checker with no wire labels)
3. i know i need two nest's, where would i cut into the circuit? between each valve and the junction box?
4. each thermostat has a 3 core and earth cable run them, currently using only the black and brown with grey unused and earth. could i use this pre run cable for the 12v supply from the heatlink to the nest thermostat?
5. silly question .... which wires should i connect and where to the nest heatlink, already guessing a get a plumber response for this question.

im looking for info mainly, my uncles a plumber and i just like to know how my house is setup so any advice would be great for my knowledge and to pass onto my uncle (hes doing it for a beer so want to make it painless if i can)

It's in an s plan + set up

TBH if your unsure get a sparky or heating engy to wire it in

IMG_1417.GIF

Ignore where it says cylinder stat on my pic

But it gives you an idea of what wires do what

Probably worth every penny to get a recognised Nest Installer to do it for you and give you peace of mind it is done properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest Install zoned system in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock