Discuss Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rooky007

HI folks

am new here and I've been given a nest thermo stat.

I am am good with fitting things if know where to put the wires. I've a vallient ECO PRO 28 boiler can someone possible help how I wire the heatlink to it pls as it not got the same wording as the nest instruction.

Cheers

you got a room stat/ external programmer at the moment?

Nope at the moment I have a salus wireless thermo program stat. But I looked at the wiring on that and it seems different

Nope at the moment I have a salus wireless thermo program stat. But I looked at the wiring on that and it seems different

do you have a clock on the boiler then?

No clock on boiler..

There a wifi box hard wired to the boiler and I have a wireless programmer thermostat I put in my chosen room

No clock on boiler..

There a wifi box hard wired to the boiler and I have a wireless programmer thermostat I put in my chosen room

any chance you could take a pic of the wifi box/ any wires going to the box to the boiler?

Removing the cover of this boiler (from memory) exposes bits and bobs you shouldnt have access too.
If you need to enter the casing you need to be GSR.

If you can complete the task at hand without doing that then fair enough.
Probably 4 or 5 wires on the salus.
LNE and L1 L2
Or 4 wires
LN and L1 L2

It can be 240v and thats where my advice ends as if we have a misunderstanding you could be electrocuted

Hi

Well here the images are it currently connected. Of course I know to turn off at main if wiring.

Wires to thermo stat box

image.jpg

Wire to boiler

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope this helps

In what ways that was all installed professionals 3 years ago by a gas safe company who have a few vans don't tell me they done it wrong. But it been working

Cable clamps down on the cores rather than the cable sheathing in both pics, plus the boiler looks to have a dedicated 240v outlet feed so why squish all the cores into the boilers incoming supply...

Sure it works. Just a bit lazy. The white plastic blocks with the plastic screw are wiring clamps and the flex should be clamped with this. You have single cores threaded through. It's rough and not done as it should be. The clamps prevent accidental yanking out of the wires from the pcb

So in theory he should of uses a twin wire for the brown and blue so the white flex can stay on up to there rather than be cured off where it is. I suppose the flex got taken off as too many wires?

Anyway how do I connect nest heatlink pls

Can I have a pic of the nest plate please

But you didn't need to take the boiler cover off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock