Discuss Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know nest but arnt they all remote access, and its just wired it wired directly to boiler and the wireless uses a base (e the base is wired to the boiler and the nest it free to mount anywhere) might be wrong as dont fit them

Do u fit any learning stats pls

no as i find there more hassle than there worth unless your on different shifts etc

I guess you prefer the programable ones I don't have s issue with mine. But I just wished when I am away it can turn on a day before I get home

What you are paying for is expertise, someone who pays tax, has to run and insure a van and a business and will no doubt stay there till its sorted. Ohh and after all that he also has to make a living.

They will also set it up and test it and help make adjustments.
If that is the going rate - then you know your options.

What you are paying for is expertise, someone who pays tax, has to run and insure a van and a business and will no doubt stay there till its sorted. Ohh and after all that he also has to make a living.

They will also set it up and test it and help make adjustments.
If that is the going rate - then you know your options.

I know what your saying but if nest only charging £50 extra for installation it no brainier so might as well go that route

I know what your saying but if nest only charging £50 extra for installation it no brainier so might as well go that route

Really should of looked into it before you brought it, could of saved yourself a Sunday.

I though it be a simple wire up looking on nest video but my boiler appears different

It is easy. If you have a volt meter and method / knowledge you could work it out if your competent. I can see what you need to do being familiar with the boiler and also a nest installer/supplier. But for safety reasons its best you stick to your plan B.

Don't try to be a cheapskate, Nest purchase and installer is a no-brainer. Takes all the hassle out of it and you know it will work[emoji106]

Last edited:
It not About being cheap sake it about funds as we a low income family. If I was comfortable I be happy to pay out

Was going to get missus intelligent heat control for Xmas, but having read through this post she'll get thermal vest, same as last year.

Just been looking on Nest forum and it appears on there people have same boiler as me and use the 24v connector doesn't matter which way to 2 and 3 on nest

Just been looking on Nest forum and it appears on there people have same boiler as me and use the 24v connector doesn't matter which way to 2 and 3 on nest

use 2 as com (black wire)
use 3 as no (Grey Wire)

but as you have said get the pro version and get it fitted for £50

use 2 as com (black wire)
use 3 as no (Grey Wire)

but as you have said get the pro version and get it fitted for £50

My point is if all it need for me take the wires out of my current wifi box. Putting the brown and blue in L and N and putting black in 2 and Greyin 3 then that easy for me do all I needed is confirmation this is correct since it only 24v

My point is if all it need for me take the wires out of my current wifi box. Putting the brown and blue in L and N and putting black in 2 and Greyin 3 then that easy for me do all I needed is confirmation this is correct since it only 24v

what you need to find out is does the nest use its own live to turn the boiler on if yes you cant use if no your fine as what your have said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest learning thermostat vallient boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back