Discuss Netaheat 10/16 pain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps

As per the title have one of these beasts that I just cannot get to fire properly.

Owner thought they would be clever and use Google and have replaced the air pressure switch but it hasn't made any difference. I also would suggest that they have got the air pipes back to front but it is nigh on impossible to get any information about the boiler and the manufacturers are not very helpful with such an old boiler.

I can get the boiler to fire by blowing through the air pressure switch but as I say it is not clear which of the metal airways the air pipes need to plug onto as it was in pieces when I arrived.

In terms of the fault I am leaning towards a weak capacitor on the fan but would appreciate thoughts. Also can anyone tell me which of the metal airway pipes are plus and minus so I can plug the pipes back on correctly.

Thanks guys really appreciate it

Its a positive pressure cased boiler as i remember? The memory fades but if you follow the flex tubes into the back of the control box, doesnt one of them pass through a brass restrictor/injector device? If so, ensure that is clear. You should be able to work out which way the pipes go with a bit of thought. Maybe the pressure switch is goosed because people have been blowing/sucking too hard on the tubes to test it ??

I will try and trace it back mate but they attached to to metal pipes which run-up to the back of the boiler so not obvious to work out which one is which. You are spot on with the restrictor though it does have one of those but it is clear

Morning chaps

As per the title have one of these beasts that I just cannot get to fire properly.

Owner thought they would be clever and use Google and have replaced the air pressure switch but it hasn't made any difference. I also would suggest that they have got the air pipes back to front but it is nigh on impossible to get any information about the boiler and the manufacturers are not very helpful with such an old boiler.

I can get the boiler to fire by blowing through the air pressure switch but as I say it is not clear which of the metal airways the air pipes need to plug onto as it was in pieces when I arrived.

In terms of the fault I am leaning towards a weak capacitor on the fan but would appreciate thoughts. Also can anyone tell me which of the metal airway pipes are plus and minus so I can plug the pipes back on correctly.

Thanks guys really appreciate it

Capacitor on fan motor ?
is it not a shaded pole motor on those ?
Is this the potterton neataheat from 40 odd years ago with mercury vapour valve or the more recent one ?

It's the more recent one. Thanks for the response, weak fan sorted it earlier

The earlier one with the mercury vapour ffd and white rogers valves were notorious for err..blowing up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Netaheat 10/16 pain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock