Discuss New bathroom plumbing help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I'm very new to plumbing and have successfully put in two sinks and a shower/bath from scratch without any leaks (it did take a long time). The problem I seem to be having at the moment though is that when I use the mixer valve to fill the bath something weird is going on with my water pressure. It starts slowly and then after 10-30 seconds the water pauses very briefly and then full pressure starts.

I haven't noticed a problem with the bathroom sink, but when I turn on the hot water in the kitchen the pressure drops compared to just cold water. I'm not sure if these two issues are related.

Any idea as to what might be happening and how I can attempt to fix it? I had a new boiler installed. Could it be that or my dodgy plumbing???

Much appreciated,

Taryn

Last edited:
Are there any pumps involved pumping your hot water??

No pumps. Could the bath fill be related to some dodgy pipework? (I had to add extra pipe to get it to fit and it goes up and down slightly...)

does sound a bit like air can you take some pics of the pipework

Was it a combi boiler fitted?

Get a professional in to have look at this it's cheaper than doing something wrong

be-like-bill-plumber-1.jpg

If you have a combi boiler then you may have a valve like a combi-smart or combi-save fitted.

These restrict the flow on the hot water while the boiler gets up to temperature as an energy saving measure.

This would affect the hot water flow at all outlets and have no effect on cold outlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New bathroom plumbing help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock