Discuss New bathroom tiling issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, this might have been asked many times before, so apologies.
Just moved into a new housebuild and the bathroom tiling is not good!
What would you say ix the largest gap to fill with silicone? It's obvious that the tiler has cust his tiles to short and it trying to hide this with silicone. No water proof backing and straight on to plaster board. So the water will find its way, particularly as its a shower also.

3-5mm max

I thought so, a load of silicone approx 15 mill thick has been pumped in to cover the gap between the bath and tile. Is there a difference between mastic and silicone?
Shouldn't all wet area's have some sort of waterproof tile board?

Nope defo too much 15mm :D

Should at least be tanked but it’s new build your lucky if the plasters / paints dry before they tile / paint

Reply to New bathroom tiling issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My plumber fitted a shower, 2 of the walls are glass panels and one is a tile board (wedi board). He joint the wedi board pieces (3 pieces) close...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views
Hello, Our bathroom was installed 9 months ago by what we know were tradespeople who did not have the skill or experience to do so. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock