Search the forum,

Discuss New installation required! any input welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flanners

Hi everyone, I was asked to a house today that has had about 4 extensions and is now having another! Here is the spec of the house and what they want.

4 bedrooms
4 en-suites
1 main bathroom
Kitchen and utility
All have thermostatic showers with large shower heads
The house has 8 rooms that vary in size and has had no boiler for 2 years.

They currently have a 48 x 18 indirect cylinder providing H/W via an immersion to the house. Only limited utilities are available so they are able to live like this. (my missus bloody wouldnt!!!!)

Here is what I am proposing!

• 37kw vaillant system boiler
  • 300ltr RM unvented cylinder working in an S-PLAN - This is also to provide two ensuites and there showers.
As the cold main wouldnt provide enough pressure if all showers we running (which customer has specified) I am also going to suggest.
  • Superpro4 5bar booster pump drawing from a 100 gallow coffing tank being provided by a 22mm cold main. Ill then take the hot from the cylinder and my new boosted cold main to the other two showers!
Or possibly a stuart turner twin pump?? Not sure yet.

OPTION 2

Thermal store cylinder with exactly the same components?

Your thoughts??

And yes I do have to much time on my hands and should maybe talk to my wife!!

Hi. Are you sure 100 gallon storage will be enough for purpose?

Hi Justlead

Its only supplying two showers but it is something I am going to check out. It will be providing two guest rooms. Worked out that it should be enough to provide both showers for around 15mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New installation required! any input welcome in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock