Discuss New Potterton Heatmax 33kW Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bluecarisma

I fitted a 33kW Potterton Heatmax combi boiler a couple of weeks ago and just been back to fit a radiator at the premises.

Whilst i was there the customer said is it correct for the boiler fan to come on when a cold water tap is used?!

I thought this was strange and investigated, i turned on the cold kitchen tap and let it run for 15 seconds or so and low and behold the boilers 'starting' procedure began, (pump and fan within the boiler but no ignition).

Now, from what i understand the Potterton has a frost protection function and a 24hr run through cycle function. Ive never fitted a Potterton before but thought id give it a go due to a good deal through Plumbase.

What im needing to know is this normal working procedure for a Potterton or do i have to call out heat-team to have a gander?! Since it is only 2 weeks old!!!

Hope someone can help!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a hot water dead leg..i.e in your airing cupboard, If so cap it off nearer to the main run or undo the cap if compression and see if any air comes out.

i would tend to agree there's a hot dead leg somewhere this would effect any brand of combi

The boiler is where the old airing cupboard used to be.
There was two hot water expansion pipes going to the cold storage tank in the roof space, one copper and one galvanised.
When converting the system to the pressurised combi, i obviously took out the storage tank, associated copper pipe work and cut the galvanised pipe back to the nearest fitting and put a 3/4 plug in it.

This would be the only dead leg for the hot water which would most definately have air in it. The property has a loft conversion and the galvanised pipe is not accessible up there but i had planned to take it out when I renew the bathroom in the next couple of months. I traced the galvanised pipes back from a capped off vanity unit in a bedroom back to underneath the tiled bathroom floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Potterton Heatmax 33kW Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock