Discuss New room stat not firing up boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all, hope I can get some help here without calling out an engineer again.
Long story short, we had an old RF mechanical clock-type stat for our Ideal Logic Combi 24 .. clock broke so we had it replaced by an engineer with a Salus RT520RF. Not the best make but seems a pro can get it working OK.
He came, fitted it, said it was giving him a bit of grief but eventually got it working. Gave us a quick demo and went on his way.
Now, despite the red and green lights being steady on the receiver (indicates it's all paired and connected) and the stat and receiver seemingly communicating with each other, the boiler just doesn't fire up - even when it's all set to manual and on a high temperature.
I've tried resetting the stat, removing power to the receiver before redoing the pairing process.. it all works to the point of getting the boiler to fire up.
The weirdest part is that the old thermostat still works - when I set that to on and crank up the temp, the boiler immediately reacts with a small red LED and switches on. On the front of the boiler, where there would otherwise just be a blank plate, seems to still be the old receiver – I'd have thought that with a new thermostat installed this one should have been removed? Could it be interfering with the new one?

Last edited:
Yes put this to on all the time and retest

Reply to New room stat not firing up boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Pilot light extinction problem on an old Myson Economist has been traced to a faulty overheat limit stat. It's a Ranco LM5P8037...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock