Discuss Newly installed 24i junior losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smellofgas

Hi folks,

Recently installed 24i Junior Greenstar, losing around 1 bar of pressure per day, no leaks on system, is it possible or has anyone heard of PRV sticking slightly open, because its losing 1 bar over the course of a day, there are no signs on the external wall of prv being activated.....

If no leaks can be found, on system or visable on boiler best to call in Worcester if still under Warranty, do-not be tempted to pull boiler apart, if PRV was letting by it would be showing on outside, top up pressure on boiler then turn off service valves to heating below boiler, leave for 1 day check press if ok turn valves back on, if press drops fault is on heating system

There is only 2 ways a boiler can lose pressure and that's either passing on the PRV or a leak. Have you tried not using the system for a day? Does it still lose pressure when not in use?

Their is another post on here ref worcester not holding press, seems some have had faulty heat exchangers, Get Worcester back!!

Did you remem to connect the expansion vessel when installing the boiler to the wall plate jig...? Its a long shot, but thought id best ask!

some leaks are difficult to find it could be a leaking AAV regarding faulty prv that would show outside , just isolate FLOW and RETURN is the easiest way and leave

I know it's unlikely for a new install but is it possible that the plate heat exchanger has a pin hole in it causing the hw and ch to slightly mix?

Iff the dhw plate heat ex had a hole it would pressurise heating system by cold mains. sounds like primary heat ex draining through condense drain.

Iff the dhw plate heat ex had a hole it would pressurise heating system by cold mains. sounds like primary heat ex draining through condense drain.

But if there's a pin hole, the Client would be drawing the heating back through the hot water too, I understand what you're saying though.. It was a longshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newly installed 24i junior losing pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock