Discuss newteam varispeed 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sav

fitted new shower pump about 2 weeks ago got call back today as shower runs too hot or stone cold.

i took the shower head off and put a flow cup on the end of the shower hose and on hot side im getting 16lrs a min and cold im getting 4lts a min with pump running

turned power to pump off and repeted test and i get 4lts a min on hot and 4lts a min on cold.

is the new shower pump faulty?

thanks for the help

the hot and cold are balanced supplies the hot comes from the cylinder and the cold is from the cold tank in the loft, it did have a pump befor but the flow switch went on it so i changed it for a new pump now i have this problem.

what flow do you get when you change over the cold to the hot on the pump?.
blocked filter or knacked circuit board?.

well if you are getting 4 lts before and after pump is on and pipework through pump,there is no blockage but points to broken impellor or shaft end = faulty pump

ok thx for the help looks like the pump is nackard its only 2 weeks old!

its put me off newteam pumps. if i go for a Salamander pump what pump would i need?

its only running a standard mixer shower nothing else any idears?

thx

Again, don't forget to check the flow switches. Disconnect pump and shake it upside down untill you hear both ends rattle.

Newteam pumps are cheap, plasiticy noisy rubbish at best.

As said Salamander are a perfect comprimise between cost and quality.

This would be the Salamander equivalent but the Newteam will be under warranty anyway. Check the flowswitches.

Toolstation > Taps & Showers > Shower Pumps > Salamander Twin Impeller Pump CT50

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to newteam varispeed 50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock