Discuss Nightmare boiler and unvented cylinder installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello and happy Easter everyone, hope you're having more fun than me! Friendly advice needed please.
Long story short, we arranged to have a 2 day 2 engineer installation of system boiler and unvented cylinder, replacing a heat only boiler and unvented cylinder with broken coil. Got 3 quotes from (seemingly) reputable engineers. It has been a nightmare from start to finish, the current state of play is we are left with a system with clear faults and an inability to isolate the hot water from the heating. The engineer insists 'there is nothing unsafe about that installation whatsoever'. I am in the process of writing to him regarding breach of contract under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, but need to qualify a few technical bits first. One of the other engineers who quoted has been super helpful, but is now away until Tues. If I posted some pics, could anyone help with identifying clear issues? Thanks in advance.

Need pics to have a look and as much spec as you can

Hi Shaun, can you point out anything glaringly obvious from these pics (tundish, electrics etc). I can fire back info, just having an issue with my phone at the moment. Can I upload a video?

Attachments

• 20220416_102745.jpg
    20220416_102745.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220416_103405.jpg
    20220416_103405.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220416_103415.jpg
    20220416_103415.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220416_103427.jpg
    20220416_103427.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220416_103453.jpg
    20220416_103453.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220416_103503.jpg
    20220416_103503.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220416_103515.jpg
    20220416_103515.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 44
  • 20220416_103522.jpg
    20220416_103522.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220416_103535.jpg
    20220416_103535.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 60
:D that’s bad there not g3 qualified

faults cylinder

incorrect installation of the inlet combo block/ prv unit (theyve used the balanced cold port on it so the cylinder cant use the expansion vessel as theres a nrv very serious as if heated the water will have no where to go suggest to dont heat the cylinder)

d1 over 600mm max

d2 not 300 min

UnventedDischargePipe.png

single core exposed on immersion

wiring faults maybe?

faults boiler

overflow isnt suitable for blow offs / high temp discharge

if overflow is connected to drains tundish isnt trapped

filling loop is incoreect model should have two isolation valves

:D that’s bad there

:D that’s bad there not g3 qual

I suspect you are right Shaun, they assure me they are. I will speak with Gas Safe Tues, however, we need to get things sorted asap and pursue things as necessary with him alongside this. Just noticed the outside hot water tap only offers a dribble and there is a small leak from a pipe near stopcock. Can you expand on what you can see wrong?

I suspect you are right Shaun, they assure me they are. I will speak with Gas Safe Tues, however, we need to get things sorted asap and pursue things as necessary with him alongside this. Just noticed the outside hot water tap only offers a dribble and there is a small leak from a pipe near stopcock. Can you expand on what you can see wrong?

Post 5

I'm not able to post for some reason

I'm not able to post for some reason
I am at a complete loss and stressed to the eyeballs. We are two women who are clearly being taking advantage of. He has not been paid in full yet, so that is something. There are other issues, the cylinder is not placed correctly, should be centrally placed on a minimum 650mm footprint. I doubt it is suitably supported. After sign off and supposed commissioning by one of the guys who has been embarrassed throughout, we went to draw a diagram of what's what. When he demonstrated the temperature release valve, hot water went everywhere because the tundish hadn't been connected. He knew the water wasn't working in isolation to the heating, but left anyway. The completely unprofessional powerflush was negligently discharged into our pond thankfully no fish. We've had flooded rooms. All telephone conversations we overheard were clearly from disgruntled customers. I could go on, but a few of questions

1. Taking your point about not heating water, is the system otherwise dangerous?

2. Difficult I know, but what is a ball park figure to redo everything to professional and regulatory standards?

3. If another engineer did remedy everything, could they recommission?

4. If he registers the boiler & system (I think he would be daft to), where do we stand with warranties with non-regulatory work?

5. What can/will Gas Safe do?

Reply to Nightmare boiler and unvented cylinder installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock