Discuss Nightmare boiler and unvented cylinder installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If your outstanding payment I wouldn’t pay it as work is very substandard/ dangerous

Cylinder base is fine / supported as it’s your floor joists / construction etc

1 the cylinder install is yes

2 depends what you find as you strip it all out could be £400-2k it’s one of them

3 providing there happy yes

4 cylinder you wouldn’t have a warranty until items fixed as for boiler you would have to check it first eg flue system and gas provided they check out and the benchmark is filled in yes

They will only comment on the boiler / gas side they can force him to make it safe / do any faults they find

If your outstanding payment I wouldn’t pay it as work is very substandard/ dangerous

Cylinder base is fine / supported as it’s your floor joists / construction etc

1 the cylinder install is yes

2 depends what you find as you strip it all out could be £400-2k it’s one of them

3 providing there happy yes

4 cylinder you wouldn’t have a warranty until items fixed as for boiler you would have to check it first eg flue system and gas provided they check out and the benchmark is filled in yes

They will only comment on the boiler / gas side they can force him to make it safe / do any faults they find
OK great, thanks again.

Is the work illegal, or just not to regulatory standards, putting aside his G3 status?
Will the cylinder have sustained damage?
Would he be a fool to register them?
If he doesn't, can a willing engineer remedy things, commission & register with authority & warranties, as if none of this has happened?

I wouldn’t want him back put it this way and I would start the process of going down the route of court to get the money back if your that way inclined

Yes it’s Illegal to install an unvented cylinder if your not qualified have to go to the hse for further details

How much did he job cost?
2 days isnt enough to complete a boiler and cylinder to a decent standard in my opinion. On the positive side it looks like it can all be put right with a little time and effort.

How much did he job cost?
2 days isnt enough to complete a boiler and cylinder to a decent standard in my opinion. On the positive side it looks like it can all be put right with a little time and effort.
Hi Scott, £3500 in total. Was meant to be two engineers two days, but ended up being one very stressed engineer, one apprentice of three weeks & the boss popping in & out over four very long & stressful days. You're not local to West Yorkshire are you!

Update tonight is after writing to him earlier I received a fairly aggressive response, followed 15 mins later by a much softer response. Says he will contact Gas Safe & HSE himself & still maintains it's a good install & all to regs. Disputes it is in any way dangerous. We can't have him back. Awful situation.

Hi Scott, £3500 in total. Was meant to be two engineers two days, but ended up being one very stressed engineer, one apprentice of three weeks & the boss popping in & out over four very long & stressful days. You're not local to West Yorkshire are you!

Update tonight is after writing to him earlier I received a fairly aggressive response, followed 15 mins later by a much softer response. Says he will contact Gas Safe & HSE himself & still maintains it's a good install & all to regs. Disputes it is in any way dangerous. We can't have him back. Awful situation.
Plus in the
I think you need to give them an opportunity to correct the faults. You could insist that whoever comes to do the work needs to have in date qualifications for gas and unvented cylinders
In different circumstances yes absolutely Scott, however, it will be the same guys as it's just them. We genuinely have zero faith, the standard of work throughout has been really dreadful, with mishaps every day. How would we have confidence that everything is corrected to required standards, they clearly believe things as they stand are acceptable. He continues to insist they have G3. Had I not suspected things were wrong & looked for help, goodness knows what could have happened. In the meantime we are left without hot water, worried whether the cylinder has been damaged & how things will be sorted/registered, and super stressed.

Ask him for the engineers qualification certificate if you want to tbh I wouldn’t want them back

Reply to Nightmare boiler and unvented cylinder installation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock