Discuss No hot water for 6 weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Elson Coral E boiler which works off Economy 7.

Six weeks ago there was no hot water so i got a plumber to check it. He replaced the thermostat first. Then the heater element. Still not working. He then sent round an electrician who checked all the wiring and circuit board. Then he said he's done all he can and was throwing in the towel.

The Economy 7 works as it heats my storage heater.

I contacted Elson but they said they no longer produce this boiler (11 years old) so can't help. When pressed they gave me a phone number for a plumber who said his firm were too busy. He gave me another number but the guy never got back despite promising to.

Don't know where to turn now.

Last edited:
They are the easiest thermal store going, getting on a bit now , who ever looked at it , must have looked hard to find a circuit board , there isnt one .

Got ya, fuse box lol. When you say its not working , I realise you have no hot water but is the actual cylinder hot ?

No. The only way I can get any water is to use the boost. The plumber wired the mains electricity to the boiler and straight away you could hear the heating element kicking in.

Its a long shot , has the overheat tripped ( red button top of bottom cover )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water for 6 weeks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working...
Replies
Views
Back