Discuss No water through garden tap fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kisoro

My new brass garden hose fittings came without any instructions. Looking down into one of the hose connectors there is a loose valve thing, like a cup facing upwards, whch rattles about. I'm assuming this is a device to prevent water blowback and that it should be connected to the brass fitting I have connected to the tap itself. However, when I turn on the water supply, nothing happens. It's as if the water pressure has firmly shut the valve, and yet I think I have assembled everything correctly. Anyone got any ideas?

its called a non return valve or check valve and as the others have said just sounds like its the wrong way round - it should have an arrow on it indicating the direction of flow

It may be an automatic shut off valve that relies on a fitting being pushed into it for the water to flow.

its called a non return valve or check valve and as the others have said just sounds like its the wrong way round - it should have an arrow on it indicating the direction of flow

Have just got back from Screwfix and they acknowledged the fault as you guys described. Unfortunately the local branch had no fittings to replace it with and. on checking, found that their warehouse was also out of stock and didn't know when new supplies would be in!

Anyway, thank you both for your invaluable help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No water through garden tap fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock