Discuss No Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fatboy

Hi my hot water tank is not filling up with water. I have water to the pipe leading into the tank but nothing comes in. As a result I have no hot water anywhere in the house.

Hope somebody can advise a quick solution to this problem.

Thanks

Pete

do you mean water going to cold water storage tank , but is not filling it up with water and cold water storage tank in the loft is dry ?

and welcome to the forum Pete

Thanks for the welcome. It's and electric cold water storage tank that heats the water to give me hot water. I check the supply and I have water there but for some reason it is not getting in to the tank and it is now bone dry.

could you post some pictures pls ? does you cold water pipe enter the tank at low level or high level ?

Does it look something like [DLMURL="http://www.uttoxeterplumber.co.uk/img/ho****ercylinder.jpg"]this[/DLMURL] with a cold water storage tank above it in the loft?

Last edited by a moderator:
No nothing like that. I have no header. I live in a flat. IMG_0582[1].jpg

And for some reason this pic is on its side but the pipe at the top had water at that connector you can see but nothing filling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock